Monday, March 13, 2006

Finally. I've found a decent coffee shop that can make decent coffee AND has free wireless internet. I'd begun to think that those two things didn't exist in this city. Especially at the same location. Too bad I leave in a few days.

Last time I tried to order an iced vanilla latte (before I found this place), the girl handed it to me hot. I handed it back and told her I had ordered it iced. She just stood there and looked at me, dumbfounded. So I said, "You know, iced. Put ice in a bigger cup and pour the latte over it."

She got a bigger cup, poured the latte in it, then dropped five or so ice cubes in it.

Gross. Never would have thought such simple directions would be so hard to follow.

In other news, I came out here determined to not revive my southern accent. After hearing a message that I left on my grandparents answering machine today, I realized that I've been totally unsuccessful. I've got that nice southern drawl again. At least it isn't as bad as it was when I was a kid and moved to Florida. I had it so bad the people down there could hardly understand a damn word I said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home