Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Apparently the new term for someone having grown up in the church (that still remains in the church) is "lifer". Yikes. Someone should really do away with Christianese.

I had to read Resident Aliens for class today. I was SO not impressed. However, I love days when papers are due. You get to see what all the perfect Christian girls look like when they've overslept and not had time to put on their make-up and do their hair. Something that NEVER happens under normal circumstances. Almost makes me miss living on campus and being able to roll out of bed five minutes before class and sprint over. Or not.

I think one of the things that I disliked so much about Resident Aliens is the fact that it was hyped as a very forward thinking, revelatory text about the issues within the church today. Uh, no. It may have been semi-forward thinking when it was originally published, FOURTEEN years ago, but it was all old news to me. Funny thing is, everyone else in class seems to love it. Some surprise, huh?

I'm sure I'll write more about this book later. While writing the paper that was due today, I was getting so frustrated that I began a post on the book and the church as a whole (because we know how much I love discussing and ranting about the evangelical church). It still needs some work, and I probably won't have time to get to it until next week, or after I'm back from the traveling I'm doing this month.

So anyway. I guess I should quit blogging and go pay attention to the discussion taking place on Resident Aliens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home