Friday, March 31, 2006

It's been a rough couple of weeks. Car trouble galore. Stress. More car trouble. Drama. Physical injuries. More drama.

There's definitely been some good moments though. I've gotten closer to some of the people that I live with. Gotten to spend a lot more time with others. It's nice; but it makes it harder to leave. There's been shows and film festivals and parties and another instant film (will link to it once it's online). I've also had a lot of time to think. Something I'm sure I'll have a lot more of once I get on the road (which will hopefully finally be Sunday!).

I don't understand the need to lie. I never have. Telling the truth isn't always easy at that specific point in time, but in the long run it's so much easier, and so less destructive.

The ideal situation would be to just eliminate the behavior that leads to the lying. But alas. Some people really just don't change. Some people really don't deserve to be trusted.

What I hate almost as much as lying is the way people try to find ways to justify that behavior. Ways to blameshift. Excuses to make not only the behavior justified, but the lying as well.

There is no excuse for lying. And there is no excuse for knowingly and deliberately doing things that you know will extremely hurt another person. Especially when that person is someone you claim to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home