Monday, July 11, 2005

There aren't words to describe how exhausted and in pain I am right now. This weekend was nuts. Friday night a potential roomate came over with her boyfriend and brought her tabby cat with her to meet Edgar. Things seemed to go OK. Tybalt was chill. Edgar growled at him the entire time. I'd never heard my cute kitten make some of the noises he was making at this other cat. Good lord.

Then the next day, Saturday, Emily and I were playing with Edgar and I saw something crawling on his skin. CRAWLING ON HIS SKIN. I've never had a pet with fleas before, and I totally freaked out. It was midnight, and I figured the grocery store might have flea treatments. So I went, and they didn't. By the time I got him to the vet the next day he'd totally taken care of the flea problem himself. HE. ATE. THEM. yuck.

The rest of Saturday was spent procrastinating. I SO did not feel like cleaning the entire downstairs more thoroughly than it's ever been cleaned before.

Saturday night and Sunday were spent cleaning. Sunday morning I went to the awesome farmers market in hollywood with Joe, David and Moti. Unfortunately for me, I'm white as a fucking sheet, and didn't think to wear sunscreen, seeing as I was only going to be in the sun for about an hour. Very, very bad idea. I'm fried. My skin looks like it would crackle if you touched it. I also spent Sunday afternoon messing around with my hair, so not only was my skin in pain, but I ended up with a splitting headache that never quite went away and came back full force when I woke up this morning.

It's a good thing my cat is cute, sunburn only lasts about a day and someone invented advil. Or else I'd be taking heads off today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home