Sunday, April 24, 2005

I really don't understand people, and why they feel the need to be so cruel.

This morning at 8am, Johanna, one of the girls that lives on my complex, came knocking on the front door. Her parent's apartment backs up to the basketball court, and when she woke up, she heard crying kittens. Someone from the complex next to us had tied to kittens in a plastic bag, trying to suffocate them, and tossed them over the fence into the basketball court. I'm the only person in the complex with a kitty, so she took the kittens inside to her mom and then came knocking on my door, to see if I knew how to feed and take care of them.

So I ran her to the pet store and got kitten formula and supplies, then went back to the apartment with her to check out the kittens and show her family how to feed them. I figured they were maybe a week or two old, from what she said. Definitely not the case. They were newborns. So new that they still had afterbirth in ther coat, and their eyes crusted over. It was heart wrenching.

rescued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home